Are you in need of concrete repairs or installation in Milwaukee? One of the first steps to starting your project is finding a dependable Milwaukee residential concrete contractor. An experienced company can provide anything from patios, driveways, walkways, garage slabs, and more. As you begin your search you’ll find that there are a great many contractors available in your area. Don’t just randomly pick one from the batch. This could put you at risk of ending up with a company that hasn’t had enough experience, resulting in more expenses for repairs and upkeep down the line. Keep reading for tips on how to ensure the concrete contractor you hire is timely, affordable, reliable, and highly qualified.
Finding a Dependable Contractor in Milwaukee
When considering any new contractor for hire, it’s important to always do your homework. You won’t regret the little bit of extra time it takes to find the right company for your specific project. Here is how you can adequately weigh your Milwaukee residential concrete contractor options:
Google Search for Milwaukee Residential Concrete Contractor
- Don’t just go with number one. It can be tempting to call the first number you see, especially if you’re in a rush to get your project started. However, companies can pay for ads that will be positioned at the top of the page. Just because they are up there doesn’t mean they’re your best option. Taking a little extra time to explore the first three to five companies that come up will help to ensure that you end up with a really solid concrete contractor.
- Read their reviews. As you explore each company a little more, check out the reviews that have been left on their Google My Business and on their website (if they share that information). If they do have it on their website, that’s a really good sign, as it shows they have a lot of success stories that they’re proud of. Also, keep in mind that anyone can leave a negative review. See if the company replied to it and how relevant the complaint actually is. If there are more positive reviews than negative, that’s a very good sign.
- See what else comes up when you specifically search their company name. An experienced concrete contractor will have been mentioned in multiple areas, such as article features or Yelp reviews. Search their company name to see what kind of attention they’re getting for Milwaukee residential concrete services and if it’s attractive to you.
Ask Around Town
The beauty of looking for a residential contractor is that you likely know someone that has a good recommendation. Join Facebook or Next Door groups that are specifically created for your neighborhood and ask the members if they know of a good Milwaukee residential concrete contractor. Ask local friends and family, along with neighbors if you have good relationships with them. Usually, when you do all of those things, you’ll hear a specific company’s name more than once, and that’s often a dependable go-to.
Test Their Customer Service
Give them a call or shoot them an email. Ask them a handful of questions. If they’re ready and willing to explain how their services work with patience and in-depth detail, that’s a strong indicator that they’ll prioritize the quality of work they give you. Some examples of questions you can ask them are:
- What would be the turnaround time for my specific project?
- Is this something your team regularly does?
- What are other services I can turn to you for?
- Is there anything I should know about maintenance for my concrete?
- Are you running any specials now or in the near future?
Ask Them for Examples of Their Work
Concrete contractors with ample experience will have photos and possibly other ways of showing you examples of work they have done in the past. You can often find these on their website. However, most concrete contractors are too busy to update the content on their site on a regular basis, so it’s possible they have more current projects they can share with you if you ask.
We’re a Milwaukee Residential Concrete Contractor
JBS Construction provides concrete repair and installation services to Milwaukee and the surrounding area. Check out our website to learn more about our services and view gallery images of recent projects. Examples include:
Reach out today to learn more about us or get a quote!